Aired September 26th, 2020 11:00 AM iHeart Radio | William J. Callahan III, was appointed to the position of Special Agent in Charge of the St. Louis Division in May 2018. SAC Callahan oversees the DEA’s enforcement, intelligence, administrative and regulatory activities throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Southern Illinois. The St. Louis Division is comprised of nine offices and approximately 300 Special Agents, Diversion Investigators, Intelligence Analysts, Task Force Officers, professional staff and contractors.
SAC Callahan joined DEA in February 2000. Upon graduation from the DEA Academy in Quantico, Virginia, SAC Callahan served as a Special Agent in the New York Division. His experience includes:
- New York Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF)
- Established the New York Division’s Financial Investigations Team
- Group Supervisor in the New York Division overseeing complex international money laundering, narcotic, and violent domestic gang investigations
- Supervisor for High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) Domestic Highway Enforcement program
- Partnered with US Attorney’s Office for Eastern District of New York (EDNY) to establish EDNY Suspicious Activity Report review committee
- Served as co-chair of New York External Fraud Committee consisting of law enforcement and the financial community combating financial crimes and fraud
- Administrative and enforcement roles for DEA Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia where he ensured DEA’s compliance with Department of Justice and DEA policy.
- Office of Professional Responsibility where he conducted internal investigations of allegations of employee misconduct
- Section Chief assigned to Office of Global Enforcement Latin America and Caribbean Section in which he supported enforcement operations and administrative matters in the Caribbean and Andean Region. In this role SAC Callahan led a multi-agency delegation to Havana, Cuba, to establish anti-narcotic collaborative efforts with the government of Cuba
- SAC Callahan returned to the Office of Inspections to create a team of inspectors, auditors, and accountants to review DEA’s proactive undercover money-laundering investigations
- Was then reassigned to the New York Division as the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Administration and Operational Support Unit, where he oversaw a multi-million dollar budget, purchasing and technical operational support
SAC Callahan is a native of New Jersey. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Administration of Justice and Political Science from Rutgers University, and a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice.
REFERENCE: To help you or someone you know who is struggling with substance abuse, we’ve gathered prevention, education, treatment and recovery resources all in one place –> With You STL